Wednesday, May 15, 2013

of the laksa penang and ais limau nipis

Last week, my junior came to me and ask either I know how to cook or not. Haha, I don't know how to respond but he makes me burst out laugh. You know why.. I know some recipes but I rarely cook.. But, yeah.. I'm not really good at cooking. I'd try for one day, realize how terrible whatever I made is, and then not go back for WEEKS. During my first year living alone, all I cooked is nuggets, burgers, roti canai and other frozen foods. How terrible is that? Haha.. I know I know.. Don't laugh at me. Pemalas plus tak tau masak. Easy formula. Sometimes, when the rajin comes, I will use instant-meal-ready-to-eat instead. Thanks to Pak Cik Brahim's and Mak Nyonya. You guys, really save my life! Haha. Okay, back to my junior's story.   


         "Why are you asking?"
         "I watched this one food show on Tv yesterday and they show some Malaysian foods."
         "Oh, okay.."
      "And now, I feel like eating Laksa Nyonya.. Do you know how to cook it? Will you          please cook it for me?" 


What?!! Laksa Nyonya?? Haha I don't know how to cook Laksa Nyonya. But I googled the recipe and yup, it is not as easy as we cook instant noodle. So, I told him that I can make him Laksa Penang instead, which is close(?) to Laksa Nyonya if he wants. Bagai mengantuk disorongkan bantal. The idea of cooking Laksa Penang light him up. I listed him some ingredients to buy while I will buy rice noodle and fish and we decided to throw a lunch party with the other lab members next Wednesday, which is today.

So, today is the day. We start cooking at 10 am. With the helps of all the lab members, the Laksa siap within 2 hours! Here we go! We had Laksa Penang and Air Limau Nipis for lunch. Relieved.

Lab members help cutting the vegetables

Lunch is ready

No comments: