Saturday, June 15, 2013

Long distance relationship with Mr. Doctor

People ask me, how do we survive in the long distance relationship?
What's the secret to making a LDR work. And I will go like,
Err.. Ermm.. Umm.. Hmmm...
I don't know lah wey!
I don't think I'm an expert, nor do I think I'm perfect in any relationship.
 But, we have past half decade been together and 5 years in this long distance relationship.
Thousands miles away from each other. Can only meet once a year, during hari raya.
I myself can say it is not easy and it needs a lot of effort.
No, I didn't said that I'm proud with it, with how long we have been together even though we are far apart.
I.AM.SO.FREAKING.SCARED. And still.
There's no crystal ball that can predict how long a relationship will last.
I don't know what will happen tomorrow. Because everything is in Allah's hand.
And I believes that the long wait, the hopes and dreams, even your doas in every solat:
if she/he's not your jodoh planned by Him, she/he's still not.
But I'm still hoping that Syamim is the right one for me.

The distance is nothing, it is the first step that is difficult. I cried like an idiot, the day Syamim fly to Bandung. In the class you know. The body was in the class but
the mind and soul gone elsewhere.
I easily get emotional in few weeks after he leaved. People asking me about Syamim, seeing couple having dinner together, phone stay put without any ring.. 
It does tears me down. Wailed, helplessly.
We do text, Skype and talk on the phone daily but there's time when I went

"Hello baby!!"

And he went

"Tak boleh cakap sorry sorry." 

Woi, aku call jauh kot! Pffttttt
Booooooo doctors!

But, all in all, he tried to do the best for me. He gave all his hours when he had the chance.
Even we are far apart, we still do things together. Watching movies together. Having our meals together. Do homework together. Go for shopping together. And even sometime, we sleep together! Haha. One day if I have a chance to met the Skype inventor and any other applications that we used to keep in touch, I will shake their hands and say thank you. They are really save my life. Muahaha.

Here are some bullet points to really put in your back pocket. And I hammered this into my head too. Don't be jealous, trust each other and keep the faith. It's not only one to carry on a relationship, it takes two to tango. So, do give and take and most important is everything happen or tak puas hati, better said and expressed, rather than kept and suppressed. Discuss. Heart to heart. InshaAllah, it would get your relationship better.


Syamim keep reminding me that distance won't keep us far. How busy we are, how limited time we have to talk to each other. Yeah, he keep saying this because he is such a busy bee. When I am free, he is busy. When he free, I am busy. It's always like that. But it's always him who always missing in action. Class during the day and on call at the night. Following with another classes on the tomorrow morning. Who said dating to a doctor is easy?? I always pray to Allah, for grant me bundles of patience.


 From now on, this is what i will have to go through:
all the
baby-I-have-to-work
or
kejap-I-have-patients
or
kita-skype-later-tonight

Pfffffffffftttttttttt


Our movie date.

Candle light dinner on his birthday.

We have gone this far and it's already late to turn back. All I hope, we'd grow old together. It happens in the movies and I hope we will also see a happy ending. Ameen..

No comments: